Europas on top in France

Subject: Europas on top in France
From: Alan D Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:36:52
Having just received the Dec 2002 (Issue 36) Europa News, I noticed on
page 15 that one Remi Guerner has succesfully flown his French
registered aircraft onto a number of mountain strips in France.

For a number of years, I've dreamed of the opportunity to do exactly
this. La Rosiere and Courchevel/Meribel are exactly where I would like
to be on a calm weekend during a stable weather window over the next few
months.

I had assumed that piloting my own aircraft would not be permitted due
to the local requirement that visitors possess a 'French Mountain
Licence', verifying their competence in the prevailing conditions. This
would be time consuming and costly to obtain.

Are there circumstances where this requirement is waived ? Last years'
'Guide Delage' suggests not, but perhaps I'm in error ?

Remi, please get in touch, or alternatively does anyone know of his
personal email ?

An arial shortcut to the Alps during the skiing season. Now that would
be a great Christmas present !

Alan
BWFX