Re: Ring Mount

Subject: Re: Ring Mount
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 23:27:16
 12/07/2002 11:27:29 PM

Regarding Ring Mounts, let me relate my recent experience:

My 912 ULS inadvertently arrived without a ring mount. The ring mount
followed by a day.  Thoughts of my mounting it myself (or with my local
experts) were quickly
discouraged by the discovery that mounting requires removing the water pump
housing and bending a hose connector from the pump plus of course the
ignition harness.  I sent the engine and mount to the local Rotax service
venue where it took a factory tech several hours and a bent  flange to put
the mount on.  Did I mention that local experts claim a high frequency of
chronic leaks follows removing the water pump
housing.
This it a process I am glad I avoided.

Ira  N224XS (XS Trigear MG)