Re: trim tabs

Subject: Re: trim tabs
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:27:44
> A while ago someone posted details of how to check the friction
> on the trim tab drive system - can anyone > remember the details?

> regards

> Paul Stewart  #432

I think perhaps you mean the following, posted by AndyD on 7 May 02

Dear Richard,

The correct force that the friction damper should resist is 5kg +0/-1kg at
90degrees to the long arm (the one that the servo attaches to).

Best Regards
Andy Draper

Technical Director
e-mail   andy@europa-aircraft.com

>>> "Richard Iddon" <riddon@btinternet.com> 05/06/02 02:45pm >>>
I have just put together the trim tab (anti servo) damper assembly which
connects to the servo unit.  I have no experience of this but it seems very
tight to me.  With the end of the drilled bolt only just through the nyloc
nut, I can only just move the damper asembly up and down the slot with my
thumbs. Is this right?  I was wondering if the servo unit could handle the
amount of force needed to move it.

Richard Iddon (XS Tri 533)

John Cliff