Re: Whelan Strobes

Subject: Re: Whelan Strobes
From: JW <xs191@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:04:07
John.

    Good point.  I should have mentioned the obvious.  The 3/4" holes are
reinforced, and have a small flox corner surrounding each pass through a rib.
The tubing is quite thin walled, so weight is minimal.  I believe those of us
who have used some sort of rigid tubing to hold the wires and other tubing feel
the additional weight is a small price to pay for the protected environment for
those things.  It also makes it possible to pull additional or replacement
things through if necessary.  Such was the case when I decided to purchase the
stall warner.  I just ran a length of Versatube down the existing tube.  This
was also possible because I fortunately have not yet closed up my wings.  I
couldn't see any reason to close them up until the very last possible moment.

    Jeff