Re: Whelan Strobes

Subject: Re: Whelan Strobes
From: JohnDHeykoop@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 04:34:16
Steve

The holes you cut for your pitot and static tubes are quite small (3/8") and
don't seem to need any strengthening. There certainly is no mention of
strengthening the ribs in the manual.

However, for a conduit you are going to need much bigger holes. I wanted to
put my pitot and static lines in a 3/4" conduit, so that I could replace the
PVC tube if needed. I asked the factory (Neville) whether any strengthening
would be required if I used a 3/4" conduit and the answer was 'yes'. Neville
suggested I added 2 plies of bid in the form of  2" diameter discs before
drilling the 3/4" holes.

Hope this helps

Regards

John Heykoop