Re: Carb Balancing

Subject: Re: Carb Balancing
From: James H. Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:28:36
Carl,
        I've got a dual manifold gage used in twins.  By hooking up one
side of the dual manifold gage to one bank on the rotax and the other
side to the other bank, you can accurately adjust the carbs.  My
judgement would be to do it as you would around 3000 rpm and let full
throttle be what it is.  You should try to adjust the carbs for even
color but do it carefully!!!   A good ground run up several times before
a flight test to be sure it is not too lean after adjusting.  Also if
someone around there has a remote reading IR thermometer (the kind you
look through and point at what ever you want to get the temps of)  That
would give you a very good idea on mixture balance.  No need to fly to
test it.  The EGT's will tell you all you need to know.

      Jim Nelson

      N15JN