Carb Balabcing

Subject: Carb Balabcing
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:33:05
My Rotax manuals are less than helpful when it comes to setting up the
carbs. I dont really believe that setting up the balance at idle RPM will
give a satisfactory result throughout the RPM range. So at what speed should
the balance be set up - 3000RPM, 4000 RPM.

Also how do you set up the mixture - at present the plugs on the RHS are
black while the LHS are ok (pale brown) - do I need to lower the needle or
adjust the balance ?????

Does anyone have suggestions or ideas on how to set up the carbs on the
Rotax 912 and also any reccomendations on suitable set up equipment.

I understand Skydrive have a balancing kit but have no idea how good it is -
price 50 approx.

I have also come accross a device called Carbtune II intended for bikes. (
www.users.myisp.co.uk/~carbtune/carboprn.html )

Any tips/ reccommendations would be greatly reccommended.

Carl Pattinson

G-LABS