Re: Fuselage cradle

Subject: Re: Fuselage cradle
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:54:42
>Peter Field wrote:
>  Anybody out there got good drawings or even
> > a second hand unit they want to sell?
>For the trigear, I found that the design of a "cradle" is not
>critical.  The only important job it will do is when the main gear is
>set up, so it needs only to be reasonably rigid, height-adjustable,
>not interfere with main gear placement, and ability to work underneath
>the fuselage in that area.

Think a moment.
With a good, accurate  cradle you can work on the bathtub, with the top
either Clecoed on , or up in the roof somewhere, and get everything set up
accurately, all controls, wing incidence, flaps etc, in relative ease and
comfort. I know the faktry don't approve it but ai can assure you it works
and saves an awful lot of trouble and strife.
It is easy to tip the bath tub on its side and work inside the gear bay in
comfort.
Look at Chick Pop's design. Brilliant and there must be a few around that
guys have finished with?
Graham