Re: Carb Icing

Subject: Re: Carb Icing
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:42:24
Is this experience with or without the Skydrive carb.heater? Which may help
to answer Carl's original question.

Don't forget that the heater works by warming the carb body so that ice
does not form on it (or is shed easily once it has formed?); the heater
does not significantly heat the air. This would not help much with keeping
the butterfly warm (and thus to prevent impact ice that had formed in the
venturi upstream accumulating on it). Its not clear which of these two
aspects your temperature sensor is monitoring (i.e. carb body or
airstream).

Does anyone know what the water flow rate is across the Skydrive heater (or
the pressure differential betwixt the two water tappings on the system)?

Duncan McF