Re: LEATHER CONTROL COLUMN BOOTS

Subject: Re: LEATHER CONTROL COLUMN BOOTS
From: J R \Bob\ Gowing <gowingjr@acr.net.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 20:37:09
I have just made two bases for my yet-to-be made boots by forming from foam
a trapezoidal prism in the shape of the front tufnol bearing, rounding the
front corners, covering with packing tape and laying 3xbid layers. Then I
cut back the floor on the other end 1/2 inch (thickness of tufnol) so it
will slide into place. A small dob of flox on the front end of each should
hold them in place after placing the cockpit module.

You can do better by rolling in the top edges on which I intend to lace the
leather boots.

JR (Bob) Gowing, Kit 327 in Oz