Re: Slow Blow Fuse

Subject: Re: Slow Blow Fuse
From: Klaus Dietrich <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:33:46
Andy,

you may try the fuses sold by B & C Specialty / Aeroconection:
http://www.aeroelectric.com/Catalog/BCcatalog.html; they sell clever
"solutions" and excellent information.

All the best
Klaus

Andy Draper wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> The 30A slow blow fuse is actually specified by Rotax.  It is our
> interpretation
that the Austrians have intended that the fuse or circuit breaker should not
be the very fast acting magnetic type of CB but a thermal type, which will
be capable of handling spikes.

> We are currently (no pun intended) investigating the use of an easily
> available
25amp thermal circuit breaker as the 30 amp types are either physically larger
than convenient or horrendously expensive.  The logic for going for the 25
amp CB is that the alternator will not put out more than about 22amps and the
wiring will be further protected.  We have one fitted in one of our demonstrater
aircraft's panel and will be monitoring it for spurious trips before we can
condone its use.