Re: Nose wheel tyre

Subject: Re: Nose wheel tyre
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:03:09
> Kevin Hi!
>
> Anyone know a good technique to put a new tube in without nipping the
> tube
> when putting the split rim back together. I took it to a tyre place
> and it
> took them 3 attempts and 2 ruined new tubes to do it!

Cut a 1" strip of card (e.g. Carton or Software Box) the length of
internalcircumference of the Wheel.

Wrap this around split in Rims as it closes and this stops tube nipping
into that reducing slot. A little pressure in tube helps too.It may
also help to pressurize a little more to take 'twist' out of Tube. Not
too much though!

> Anyone know if its acceptable to patch a tube?

Depends on puncture position. The Tyre/Tube fitting punctures just
aren't that obliging!

> Also how come the nose wheel tube costs under 8 but the main wheel
> which is
> only slightly bigger costs over 50? Anyone got a good source for main
> wheel
> tubes.

Another Aviation costing mystery!!

Regards