Re: RC Allen amp draw

Subject: Re: RC Allen amp draw
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:46:10
> Steve Hagar wrote: As stated previously the RC Allen electric gyros don't come
> with a lick
> of documentation. You get a gyro and a bunch of packing foam in a
> nondescript white box dropped on your doorstep by a guy in a brown
> truck.  Does any one know what the current draw of these guys are?Is any
> one showing up at Copper State Fly in this week?  Stop by and seem me. Steve
> HagarA143Mesa AZ  --- Steve Hagar--- hagargs@earthlink.net

Hi Steve,

Data sheet info for the RCA 26 K series attitude gyro is :-
Power consumption = 17VA max.
Lighting (if you have it) = 3VA max.

I agree with your comments on documentation, it is a bit bizarre when one gets
more documentation with a $10 wrist watch than you get with a $1000 + precision
instrument. Kelly Manufacturing (RCAllen) seem to be quite oblivious to the
need. It beats me. I think I have mentioned this before but DO power up electric
gyro instruments at regular intervals (at least monthly ? ) or the bearings are
prone to failure due to oil settling.

Cheers, John