Viru Messages on this group

Subject: Viru Messages on this group
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 10:44:13
Ladies and Gentlemen.

I believe that it was decided quite some time ago that we wouldn't post virus
warning messages on the group otherwise the likes of the hoax message that has

been going around would proliferate.

The group message system sends text only messages which means you are not
going to receive a virus from the group message server.

I am only putting this up because I have just spent the past few days sorting
organisations out who seem incapable of understanding the basics of antivirus
protection. The same applies to home users...

1/ Put in a firewall and use it properly
2/ Install an anti virus system and update is a regularly as possible.
3/ Don't spread anti virus messages until you have ascertained that it really
is a virus.

Now, I am going back to spray painting my cowlings and I am not going to
mention the word virus again today!

Tony