Re: Mini U2

Subject: Re: Mini U2
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 00:36:12
>Europa could do some real performance testing of the glider wings. They
>should get some glider folks to do the testing in FL.
>
>Kevin

I only flew the prototype glider wings once but was very impressed. None of
the heavy feel of most of the German motorgliders, sink rate was very
manageable. I managed to soar it , engine off, on a weak March day in N
Yorkshire. Just the altimeter to confirm i was going up, no variometer.
The most amazing thing was the power on climb. The pitch angle was
ridiculous. It took me a minute or two to understand why I couldn't keep
the speed down. Not steep enough.

Graham