Re: Manuals on the Net

Subject: Re: Manuals on the Net
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:18:43
 alpath.net>

>The europa control system is reasonably unique, as is the
>strength/structure of the molded cockpit and ways to install
>controls into this environment.  If it were my company I wouldn't do it for
>general consumption.

Not really, not many things are unique. I sent Ivan up to the local gliding
club to see how the glider boys do these things. During the many hours the
4 of us (Long EZ builders) spent recycling good Yorkshire beer, I insisted
that the airplane was no good unless it could be derigged into it's trailer
in 15 minutes. He did it. It can be derigged by experienced guys in about 4
minutes.

I have to admit that it takes a certain dedication to achieve a successful
kitplane like the Europa.  Ivan did it and the rest of us didn't, but we
were all there while it happened. A privelege.

Graham