Re: Manuals on the Net

Subject: Re: Manuals on the Net
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:28:26
While we're on the subject of maintaining information 'currency' in the manual
-
there are two aspects of the manual (which I think is generally phenomenally
good) that I believe would help it.

1) Lists of all the parts that should be painted, or possibly plated, and a list
of aluminum parts that should be alodined/anodized/primed so all could be done
at once.  A discussion paragraph above each section would describe where these
parts generally go in the aircraft and why painting, plating, alodining/priming
is being suggested for each group.   (Example: Aluminum flap pivot brackets
bonded into the fuselage might be alodined/primed but not painted, as they would
be painted during fuselage painting. The information probably exists within the
forum and we should volunteer it for inclusion in the manual.

2) It is not specifically clear where to begin in the manual if one has
purchased the XS with prebuilt control surfaces.  I remember spending some time
trying to figure out where to begin.

Cleve Lee
A198 Mono XS Jabiru 3300

On Wed, 25 September 2002, "ivorphillips" wrote:

> I  totally agree with a pdf manual on the net,  One additional benefit would
> be instant update for  those modification that come along occasionally and
> reduce the time it takes to find the relevant part in the manual,
> I for one would welcome it.
> Ivor Phillips  486 trike

the .pdf manuals

href="http://mail.cswebmail.com//jump/http://harley.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~mark/Europa";>http://harley.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~mark/Europa