Re: MoGas

Subject: Re: MoGas
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:47:54
Nic wrote:

> Fellas,
> No one said avgas is THE primary need for dual plugs.
> I completely agree with dual redundancy.
>
> My intention was to impress upon the novice that
> there is alot of stuff - primarily lead - in avgas.
> My IMHO very much remains that an EFI Subaru
> should run MoGas. AvGas would add a danger to
> flight operations.

Some refiners tell you exactly what's in fuels on their web site.
Excluding what's common to both, 100LL adds only TEL and an electrical
conductivity enhancer.

Mogas may not have the static zapper but may add alcohol, ethanol,
other oxygenators and antiknock compounds, metal deactivators,
detergents, batch markers, pipeline drag reducers, and deposit
eliminators.  Maybe even Vermouth.

Now which is relatively pure "gasoline" and which got a lot of stuff?
;-)

Regards,
Fred F.