Re: Mo Gas o No Mo Gas

Subject: Re: Mo Gas o No Mo Gas
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 01:26:15
>I hope this forum can continue to provide true, clear information, not
>just opinions and daydreams.
>
>Thank you,
>Peter

Very clearly put , Peter. However I am slightly puzzled by your reference
to tickover. At 2700 rpm I would have thought that two plugs in a
Lyconental were necessary to compensate for the slow burning plus the
effect of the lack of ignition advance with the magnetos. Apart from the
fact that one of the mags will fail sometime, of course.
Higher EGTs with mags compared to electronic would also confirm this. A
pity the Rotax doesn't have ignition timing  variable with rpm. IMHO, maybe
the would be less wear and tear on the props.
Experience with the electronic systems with proper advance with rpm seems
to confirm this bit of guesswork. Any comment?

Graham