Re: Long range fuel tanks

Subject: Re: Long range fuel tanks
From: Alan D Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:18:25

I concur with Gert's assessment. The bladder is the limiting factor when
it comes to range. There are a few 'accessories' you can buy, but it's
still fairly problematic to use them effectively in such a small
cockpit.

It's possible to go further if you have set your mind on it, but after
about 3 - 4 hours, most people want a break from flying.

My early generation Europa tank holds just under 84 litres from top of
fuel filler to completely dry. I draw the line at around 4 hours.

Alan