Re: Oil Cooler

Subject: Re: Oil Cooler
From: kbcarpenter@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:11:42
I sure wish  someone had a solution for the 914 overheating.  I have lowered
the oil cooler and moved it back one inch from the water radiator.  The oil
runs cool(under200) so I put an air dam half way across the bottom of the
water radiator, the water is now cooler by about ten degrees and the oil is
warmer by ten degrees.  In climb at 100 MPH but the oil and water get hotter
than I like (230)so I level off and climb slower at 125MPH and things stay
under 230.  On the ground, I can taxi around for about 10 minutes before
temps get high.  Have not done cowl flaps yet.  Is that the solution for the
914?
Ken Carpenter
N9XS