Oil Cooler

Subject: Oil Cooler
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:29:08
Message text written by "Cliff Shaw"
>Has anyone relocated their oil cooler to the front bottom of the 912S ? It
will fit just in front of the muffler (silencer) and with a mod to the air
ducting, looks to me to be a better location.

I think more air will go through both coolers this way.  In addition the
muffler will get a bit more air to help carry away some of it's heat.<

---From the above I assume you (like me) have the 'Classic' cowl. I have done
what you are suggesting and it works well. You need to ensure it has an air
scoop to encourage air into the cowl. I mounted the cooler using a captured
lug arrangement on the stbd side with a single Dzus fastener on the port
side for easy lower cowl fitting/removal. With a new 912S engine the oil
temps ran a bit hot for the first 15hrs whilst it was running in but are
now well under control. I have included a couple of photos with your copy
of the reply. As the forum doesn't support attachments anyone else wanting
these photos will ahve to e-mail me individually.

Regards

Nigel Charles