Re: Fuel probe location

Subject: Re: Fuel probe location
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:13:54
In a message dated Tue, 13 Aug 2002 8:48:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
djgeldermann@msn.com
writes:

> To go a little further on this topic - Is the capacitance probe just held in
> with the rubber washer under the probe pushed into the 1/2 inch dia. hole,
> or does it need fastening to the tank?  I was thinking about just putting a
> cover over the probe head inside the head rest area to hold
> it down that I
> reach from inside the head rest area.

I am dealing with that right now. Mine tends to work its way out after a while
and so I have glassed in a couple short pieces of 3/8 aluminum tubing on either
side - bonded to the floor of the headrest. I will then strap it down that way
- with probably a tie wrap. The strap will have a little bit of give in it
to allow for tank expansion. it is very hard to push it down in the hole, so I
hope the seal will be good - like a cork in a bottle!

Dave
Owner and CEO
Mini U2 Aircraft Corporation