Re: Thanks for feedback re fuel site gauge

Subject: Re: Thanks for feedback re fuel site gauge
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:36:16
> > Anyone using teflon/ss sheathed braided lines in the fuel system? - which
> > are
> > expensive but should have very long life and tolerate vibration and
> > abrasion?
> >
> > Cleve Lee
>
> Very difficult to seal with worm-drive clamps, if you had those in mind.
> Oetiker
two-ear clamps work better.

> Duncan McFadyean

Similarly, I have regretfully noticed that some of the hoses on mine
have to be removed essentially one-handed, from something not solidly
secured to the structure.  Like the dual filters and electric pumps on
the 914.  If such is one's case, might be wise to test a sample first,
as you'd need only to see how it comes off after a week or two, when a
stiff hose marries itself to the hose barb.  Then square the removal
force to simulate actual maintenance experience!

Best,
Fred F.