Re: Rotax Tacho

Subject: Re: Rotax Tacho
From: Andy Draper <andy@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:54:10
Hi Richard,

I spotted your e-mail today and didn't see an answer to it so I thought you
might
appreciate mine.

Connections 1+ and 2- are self explanetary. No. 3 goes to one of the sender
wires.
The other sender wire connects to 2-.

Best Regards
Andy Draper

Technical Director
e-mail   andy@europa-aircraft.com

>>> Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk> 07/31/02 06:00pm >>>
Hi team

A question about the connection of the tacho to a Rotax 912S.

The Europa manual shows a pair of w/y (white/yellow) cables from the engine
one of which is connected to the tacho and one to the tacho and earth. The
tacho also has a live feed from the 12v buss.

The Rotax manual shows that the wires from the engine are ws/ges and b/ge
which I think are white/something and blue/yellow, and I think the actual
cables are thus coloured (? what is ges ?)

The tacho itself has terminal marked 1+, 2- and 3.

So what are the correct connections to 1+, 2- and 3 ?

I can guess but some star on the list could surely tell me.

TIA

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, being built.

[Redirected via the newforum list]