Re: Rotax 912 oil seepage

Subject: Re: Rotax 912 oil seepage
From: mcdia@lineone.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:50:35
Dear Alan,
I have noticed a small amount of seepage from the back of the rotax 912
ul in G-BWRO. It has done 475 hours to date and as you say is minimal in
quantity. I always try to keep a close eye on these things (as I have a
sense of self preservation that any coward would be proud of) and it has
not worsened over the last 100 hrs or so. When I first noticed it I was
in the USA and a friendly A+P tightened a couple of bolts up for me in an
attempt to stop it happening but to no avail. His opinion was that it
represented
wear in the rear seal and that it was not a major issue.
Hope this helps,
James McDiarmid