Re: VP prop

Subject: Re: VP prop
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:18:49
Folk,

I have the Cap 140 VP prop on the NSI Subaru engine and its a wonderful bit
of kit. Im not sure about the correct operation of it to be honest though, I
guess I could have done with more time with the previous owner to get to
understand it fully.

What is the significance of the manifold pressure in more detail. In the
cruise it sorts itself out if I set 3400 rpm and fully course I get about
110 knots and 24 inches.

Is it a worry if the manifold pressure is very low, for example as I
throttled right back and started to fine the prop I noticed it was very low,
do I need to do it in stages?

The check list says set prop to mid point downwind but the previous owner
said fully fine which sounds right incase I need to do a go around.

On departure as I leave the ground he showed me to add a touch of course
after leaving the ground (to bring the Rpm down a touch. What setting should
I use for a sustained climb? or to go from cruise to climb?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Kevin