Tubing to Pitot Head

Subject: Tubing to Pitot Head
From: Rick Sivier <rick.sivier@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 17:42:34
I'm just about to fit my pitot head to my wing and I remembered that I had
seen something on the forum regarding doubts about the longevity of the PVC
tubing supplied to connect to the pitot head assembly.  Looking through the
forum archives, there seem to be two trains of thought: install a larger
bore tube in the wing so that the pitot tubing could be replaced if
necessary or find a better tubing with a longer life.  I am inclined toward
the second option, but I would like to know if anyone has done that,
particularly in the UK, and if so, what tubing was used and where did you
get it?

Cheers

Rick Sivier