Web Sites

Subject: Web Sites
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 04:48:40
I'd planned on not saying anything about this publicly until it was ready,
but given some of the recent postings to the Forum I think it would be a
good idea if I shared some of the plans for the Europa Club Web Site with
everyone, and we can then see what gaps we have in our aim to maximise the
sharing and availability of information, and understand if we are providing
the resource people need and want.

Since Easter I've been working on a completely new site for the Club,
covering everything from background on the Club, to mods, events, links
(builders, flyers, suppliers, etc.), the Rescue Service, etc. Progress has
been slower than I would have liked (how often do we hear that - at least my
excuse is that I've been building a plane, and aren't the flaps a heck of a
lot easier than the stabilators....?!) but it is getting there.

I personally think it's great that there's lots and lots of Europa sites out
there, but also that it makes sense to have one central point to go to find
a piece of information, or a link to the information required. I am also
conscious that Europaphilia is a global thing, and it would be very easy to
just concentrate on the UK scene.

So, perhaps I could now canvass ideas for making the Club site as useful as
possible to everyone, wherever they are in the world? I see a lot of value
in a global events list, articles from around the world, links to all the
other Europa builders' sites, and links to any local group/country sites,
but is there something vital that I am missing?

Any and all ideas either to me privately if you prefer
(jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com <mailto:jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com> ), or to
the open Forum!

Thanks, regards and happy building/flying/lurking/dreaming!

Regards,
Jeremy
Jeremy Davey
Europa XS monowheel 537M G-EZZA