Re: Roll Trim

Subject: Re: Roll Trim
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 00:41:54
>Well, I've received some delayed Forum emails today, so possibly it's working
>again, so I'll give it a try!
>
>I'm in the planning stages of implementing roll trim on my aircraft, on
>the port
>aileron (where I can keep my eye on it - a nice tip from Tony K). I'm trying
>currently to understand a few items:
>
>1)      How large a trim tab to implement (currently planned to be a piece of
>hinge at the back rather than cut out of the aileron)

It would be possible to mount a six inch length of hinge under the right
aileron trailing edge, (IOW hidden, like a split flap) since the trim would
only be required to balance the weight of the passenger. Unless the out of
roll trim state is gross not a lot is needed. If it is gross your wings are
bent, so have a look at symetricallity first.

Grhaam, feeling Dutch, I just flew over Netherlands on the way home from
Bonn. (Also having drunk some schnapps on arrival home! I have happy
memories of Deutschland. Can't be bothered with typos tonight)