Roll Trim

Subject: Roll Trim
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 21:48:46
Well, I've received some delayed Forum emails today, so possibly it's working
again, so I'll give it a try!

I'm in the planning stages of implementing roll trim on my aircraft, on the port
aileron (where I can keep my eye on it - a nice tip from Tony K). I'm trying
currently to understand a few items:

1)        How large a trim tab to implement (currently planned to be a piece of
hinge at the back rather than cut out of the aileron)
2)        How much movement to allow for (basically a function of the length of
the arm actuated by the Mac S9 aka Ray Allen T4-5-TS servo)
3)        How to make the fibreglass box in which the servo is mounted
(underside
of the aileron for prettiness) so that the stiffness of the aileron is not
affected
4)        How to get PFA approval (getting some help here already, but if anyone
has already got approval for a design that they would let me use, that would be
a huge bonus)

If anyone can help with these (and I'm aware some people may already have tried
to during the Forum problems - hence the re-send), could they please let me
know?

Thanks and regards,
Jeremy
Jeremy Davey