Re: Subaru

Subject: Re: Subaru
From: europabuilder@ntlworld.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:57:40

> Can I ask a question that I feel is going to generate a whole raft of
>
> The question is this:-
>
> What are the pros and cons re Rotax 912 vs. Subaru 100 hp.

I opted for the Subaru because of price - I bought a 36 hour Subaru engine
for 1500.

Good side of Subaru:
Buy price
Simple single point injection - no carb. (on mine at least)
Car engine - car engine prices (for most parts)

Bad side of Subaru:
Weight (I'm told to mount my battery in the back somewhere)
Prop. turn the wrong way (compared to Roatx, so I've been told)

Dave Hunter is the person to talk to about the Subaru engine in the Europa,
if you need his number, drop me an email.

If you buy second hand, check the fly wheel - if it has holes, it should be
replaced.

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark Jackson - +44 (0)7050 645590