Insurance.

Subject: Insurance.
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:52:07
Team

I have seen some recent figures mentioned at around 2000 for flight
insurance for a Europa.

As kit 51 is now well on its way (the engine and prop have been ordered) I
have made some enquiries about "ground risks only" and flight insurance.

The figures (from the first insurer) have come back as 2000 and 200.

Yet the insurance on my co-builder's Grumman was only 1200 and that had
four seats.

I would be most interested to hear from those who now fly Europas the amount
they pay for insurance. You could either tell the list, or each could email
me direct with the figure and the name of the insurer; I would then do some
statistics and report back.

2000 seems over the top - does anyone have any comments ?

(I think they said a 15% no claim discount at the end of the first year).

Actually if you are reporting please say if mono or tri-gear. I imagine that
mono might be a little more !

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, being built.