Antw: Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing

Subject: Antw: Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing
From: Alfred Buess <Alfred.Buess@shl.bfh.ch>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:16:34

> The reason they preferred the return line to go to the vent boss at the upper
rear of the tank is that in the event of a serious engine room fire which
consumed the fuel flexible hoses, the unvalved return line could feed the entire
tank contents into the fire.  With the high level return this will not happen ,
unless you are in an unusual attitude.  So this is what I have done.

John Cliff

That's why I put a check valve in the fuel return line, which prevents fuel from
flowing back to the engine. I also put bleeding check valves in the vent lines,
that will avoid the spilling of fuel through the vent openings in case of
an accident with the airplane lying on its back or on the side.

Alfred Buess
#097 Monowheel 912S (still being built)