Re: Spar vs Ailerons

Subject: Re: Spar vs Ailerons
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:54:45
Dave,

I had a similar problem with my XS tri and solved it by countersinking the
arm & substituting countersunk head bolts (with the head towards the spar)
for the normal hex head ones. (procedure and bolts approved and supplied by
Europa). Gives me an extra 3/16th's clearance which seems fine.  I used a
spot of Redux under the heads when installing as it is not easy to hold the
c/s bolts to stop them turning when tightening them up.

Richard Iddon.