Re: Mods & 120 HP JAB engine

Subject: Re: Mods & 120 HP JAB engine
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 06:13:31
Hi! Graham .
The overall diameter of the prop. is relevant to your statement in that the
tip speed /distance travelled is also to be considered with respect  to the
transonic factor.
However you are quite right, that's why my CS prop limits the RPM to 2900
and I therefore have in the region of 25% safety scope for the engine to run
continuously at 2700 rpm and I cruise at 120kts/125kts just fine currently
with a fuel burn of 5 /5.3 galls per hour.
 Not withstanding it is cleared to run at 3300 RPM continuously anyway !!!!
Regards
Bob H G-PTAG