Re: Wing angle of incidence

Subject: Re: Wing angle of incidence
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:52:47
Pops, and All

(Or, another scheme would be to assemble the wings, substituting a 1/2" OD
tube for
the pip pin, brute force into into place, and insert a heating element
inside to
soften the Redux in the stbd. wing bushes, allowing some time to relieve
stresses,
i.e. to have the Redux flow or creep slightly.  This seems like it might
work.
What do you think?

Thanks for any suggestions!)

Pops
A036

We had a problem like that too. The easiest fix was sent to us from "Europa
Bob" .

It was to get a 1/2 " reammer.Rig the wings with one 1/2 pin in place, and
run the reamer through the other hole. Then insert a pin it that hole and
ream the first hole.  Absolutely genius. It gives you a exactly tight
fitting hole that the pins slide into using one hand.

Too easy.

I did have to fix the shank of the reamer so it would fit in my 3/8"drill
chuck.  I now have a new 1/2" geared slow drill, ideal for the job.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds WA 98020
(425) 776-5555