Re: Flying (with an Airstart!)

Subject: Re: Flying (with an Airstart!)
From: Ira Rampil <rampil@anesthes.sunysb.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:42:06
Hi Graham,

That is an interesting observation.  I must be missing
some critical aspect of the physics involved in the difference between the
two props and their hubs.  In order to airstart an engine, the prop must be
taken out of feather in order for the relative wind to impart a rotational
force. Is it a matter of degree of prop pitch?  What am I missing?

Ira