Re: C/Bs and resetting

Subject: Re: C/Bs and resetting
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:02:46

> Changing fuses in flight is not easy, but like the breaker, shouldn't
> be, except is dire circumstances.  It popped for a real reason.  On an
> avionics box, reapplying the juice can cause a $300 repair to go to
> $600, the way they price 50-cent components.

Which is why in my aircraft I am using switching breakers for anything that is

switched on and off as part of normal flight operations and fuses for
everything else. Using a switching breaker removes two electrical joints
compared with using a switch and a seperate switch and fuse/breaker.

If a breaker trips then, unless it is life critical, the breaker stays tripped

until back on the ground and the cause of the fault is located.

Tony