C/Bs and resetting

Subject: C/Bs and resetting
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:33:58
Fred:
"> Ferg, that "arc-over" problem in airliners still has FAA stumped, and>
the prime focus is Kapton insulation, much thinner to save weight.  > Also
curious how breakers are better than fuses seems gospel only in> airplane
building. ."

Tony:
"Which is why in my aircraft I am using switching breakers for anything that
is switched on and off as part of normal flight operations and fuses for
everything else. "

Fred and Tony:
            Thank you for correcting my twisted thoughts. I was of course
thinking of Kapton and erroneously mentally applying to Tefzel. The effects
of hot spark on Kapton had mesmerized me - when I think of the former advice
of engineers in the airline and the 'reset' procedure I wonder that so many
lived.....
            Thanks again for sharing rich advice.
Ferg
A064