Re: DIY GPS Antenna

Subject: Re: DIY GPS Antenna
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:09:10
I'm curious as to what GPS this would be for.  I thought all teardrops
are amplified, and come with a panel-mount GPS, or just UPS-AT?  The
removable variety like in some Garmin handhelds are amp'd too,
understandably so, but fiberglass renders the issue of separate
antenna for any handheld moot, I would think.  Can a passive antenna
be more effective than an amplified one, panel or portable?

Well, my digital caliper reads to .01mm.  What's a fair price for me
to entrepreneurially make the plates?  $$$ --> :-)

Best,
Fred F.