Re: trimming layups [was: New future Europa pilot ...]

Subject: Re: trimming layups [was: New future Europa pilot ...]
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:09:43
Hi Rowland

I have used the little angle grinder wheels for the dremel and they
work very well. They seem to be more balanced than the permagrit
although that too has its uses.

What is the point of knife trimming anyway? It just appears to bugger
up the layup that you spend so long perfecting. I tried it only
twice, then reverted to the Dremel or craft knife and metal ruler or
pad saw.

all IMHO

Ed

> However, being a stubborn animal, I have since tried trimming my
> layups with both the Dremel (with a Perma-Grit wheel) and the
> aforementioned 115mm angle-grinder & diamond wheel. I find the
> angle-grinder much easier to control (I feel I'd do better with the
> Dremel if its wheel ran at right angles to the body, too), and it
> goes through with pretty much undetectable effort.
/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup///G-SELF powered by Jabiru 3300///
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm