Re: trimming layups [was: New future Europa pilot ...]

Subject: Re: trimming layups [was: New future Europa pilot ...]
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:19:08
Good on 'yer Jeff, just knew I wasn't dreaming!!!!
Pleased I found another anti-dust maker! I initially tried every other
alternative including a PIZZA knife when someone recommended it, although it
may have worked if the rubberyness state was
evident but it would have needed a very firm support underneath . But
probably due to insomnia I discovered the exact state of "rubberyness" and
---From there on in it was so easy it was unbelievable.!!
Having said that I just did a big layup making a self rigging dolly to
encompass the wing and what do you know, I missed the right time !!!!!So for
once I must join the "dusty brigade".
However there is a very valid reason to use the knife trim method, that is
if the edge is to have another lay-up laminated to it ,like the trailing
edges of the     MKI wings,tailplanes,rudder,fin,aerlerons,and flaps then
the complete absence of dust from discing or sanding is a reduction of the
contamination of the new joint, so, far from causing delamination the
integrity of the new joint is improved by a huge factor.
Patience is a virtue.
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG