Re: Baggage restraints

Subject: Re: Baggage restraints
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:50:44
When I did the baggage bay mod I left 1" of the original rear bulkhead in
place from half height downwards. Into this vestigial flange I bonded light
alloy rings (sawn off from a tube) with local uni reinforcing in place of
the exposed PVC foam core material. A strap can be extended between the
rings on each side of the cockpit. The strap serves more of a marker behind
which heavy objects should not be placed (CG considerations) and to stop
items falling backwards rather than forwards.

Duncan mcFadyean