Re: acetone

Subject: Re: acetone
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:36:49

----- Original Message -----
From: <106305.2117@compuserve.com>

> You should be able to buy small bottles from Boots ?!
>
> Regards
> Trevor
Right-O,
            ....but a chemical buddy said "don't get it anywhere you are
mixing epoxy. The drugstores (are they still apothecaries?) are prone to
order large amounts for rebottling (bottom line stuff), but the material is
degraded with oils and other contaminants from its reclaiming history".
            If I use the common kind for cleaning tools etc, I ensure every
surface is scrubbed with soapy good stuff and dried to offload any bad poo.
Cheers, Ferg