Re: Map light

Subject: Re: Map light
From: Augustene Brown <augustene@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:37:50
Dave.

Look in the Aircraft Spruce catalogue.  They have a red LED light for around
forty
dollars if memory serves me correct. I installed two in the overhead, and
they are great. They can be adjusted  to move up or down or
rotated side to side. It will cover the entire pilot's side of the panel with
light
and the passenger can use the other to read or just have some light. Go to
an auto parts store and get two lighted rocker switches and you
are in business.

Jim Brown
N398JB

DJA727@aol.com wrote:

> Hi,As the electrical system goes in, the subject of a map light comes up. I am
looking for a map light that I can install in the overhead that will provide
not only map lighting, but a backup panel illumination as well.

> Does anyone out there know of a good source for such a light? I was told there
is an LED map light, but I can't seem to find it.

> Thanks,
>
> Dave Anderson
> A227 Motor glider monowheel.
>
> PS I am fairly tall and considering the bubble type door windows. Does anyone
have any experience or opinions about the bulging windows?