Re: customs & VAT [was: Position lights ...]

Subject: Re: customs & VAT [was: Position lights ...]
From: paul atkinson <paul.atkinson321@btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:50:15
Rowland

I had one but have let it lapse mainly because I haven't needed to use it.
 If you bring stuff in yourself Customs are not interested in your End
User cert. Just make sure that they understand that what you are bringing
is going to be installed on an aircraft and they will go into their big
book and after much head scratching tell that there is no duty to pay,
just the VAT. When I have had stuff sent to me I have asked the sender to
label the box clearly that the contents are aircraft parts and so far have
 not been charged any duty. This method is not guaranteed but it has
worked every time for me.
My advice though would be to get one anyway (they cost nothing)if you
intend to import a lot of items. If you get charged duty by mistake it
will help you claim it back.

Paul