Re: Bundling of coax cables

Subject: Re: Bundling of coax cables
From: Dave Simpson <davesimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:15:47
Tony,

Interesting this - my Lowrance Airmap carries a CE mark (so that it can be
sold on the international market) but it still squirts RF all over the
place. So does the Garmin 195 I've tried.  Either the standard is dodgey,
the certifying house cheated, or the production units aren't built as the
one they tested.

As someone' already said, it's easy to test fro RF radiation -  wave a hand
held, with the squelch just backed off, near the suspect offender.

You may be right about more recent handhelds and good quality radios, but
they are tight for space.

Dave