Re: Was RE: Bundling of coax cables. Now ICOM IC- A200 Tranceivers!

Subject: Re: Was RE: Bundling of coax cables. Now ICOM IC- A200 Tranceivers!
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:27:48
>> I sometimes can't get the airfield base station I can get other aircraft on

the ground or in the circuit. But since the airfield base is sometimes a hand
held I've been inclined to blame.

If you do have electrical noise affecting radio reception and transmission you

have the option of fixing the source of the noise or filtering the noise out of

the supply to the radio. The former is preferable but the latter may be more
practical.

Have a look at Bob Nuckoll's site (www.aeroelectric.com) for some practical
suggestions as to how to filter electrical noise that can't be removed at the
source.

There may however be another factor if the reception is affected in specific
directions and that could be the radiation pattern of your aerial installation.

I am not as qualified as some to comment further on radiation patterns though I

do know one member who lives near Luton is an expert on this subject. (Dave,
does that make us even :-)

Tony