Antw: Re: Bundling of coax cables

Subject: Antw: Re: Bundling of coax cables
From: Alfred Buess <Alfred.Buess@shl.bfh.ch>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 07:49:48
Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your message, it is helpful for me. I will run the
transponder
coax on the starboard side together with the feed lines for the strobe
power unit, that is in the baggage area. The comm and the VOR coax' will be on
the port side, in a separate tube that is 15 mm away from the elevator trim
supply. Hope this will be a noisesless layout.

Best Wishes!
Alfred

>>> dave_simpson@londonweb.net 02/06 12:39   >>>
Alfred,

The transponder buzzes away at over 1GHz and there could be radiation from
the antenna feed cable.  It's normally a good idea to keep such cables
separate from the comms and nav stuff.

You can safely bundle the comms and nav cables together and also any DC
carrying wires.  There is a risk that the elevator trim supply could
generate noise from the little motor so if you want to play safe, keep that
separate from the coms too.

Dave Simpson